We are able to supply all types of aggregates for use in the construction process. We can provide our customers with a fast, efficient & cost effective service.
The most widely used aggregates we supply are:
- Type 1 Stone (limestone or granite) – this material provides the optimum base upon which to lay concrete for driveways & the like
- Crushed Concrete or Road Plainings
- Screened Topsoil
- Washed Sharp Sand – for use in block paving
- 20mm All-in Ballast
- 10/20/40mm Shingle – used for drainage or aesthetic finishes on driveways & the like
- All other aggregates can be sourced & supplied upon request
As part of Waste Kings commitment to the recycling process, wherever possible we will make use of suitable recycled materials.
Crushed rock (granite, limestone, gritstone and/or basalt), sand and gravel – you can get all these from Waste King.
Our primary, secondary and recycled construction aggregates are used in ready-mix and precast concrete, asphalt and other road construction and surfacing materials; for rail track ballast; in sea and river defences, as well as water and effluent filtration pipe bedding.
When it comes to crushed rock, our crushing and screening processes mean that we can supply aggregate in various sizes and polished stone values (PSV).
The PSV is a measure of an aggregate’s resistance to the polishing action of vehicle tyres under conditions similar to those occurring on the surface of a road. This means that it helps to predict a new road surface’s resistance to skidding.