Concrete and Ready-Mixed Concrete
We supply conventional concrete mixes to any specification. We also have a range of specialist concrete mixes.
Concrete is a composite comprising: cement, aggregates, water, additives and air. Aggregates make up between 60% and 75% of ready-mix concrete’s volume. Additives are solid or liquid chemicals that are added before or during preparation. The most commonly used additives either improve a hardened concrete’s durability or reduce a concrete’s water content to shorten setting times. Water is vital because it sets off a chemical reaction when it comes into contact with the cement. Cement is the ingredient that gives concrete its resistance. Although types II and IV are used, the most widely used cements are Portland type I and Pozzolana Portland type C-2.
- Can be cast into different shapes
- Is durable
- Is an attractive construction material in terms of compressive strength (it’s the construction material with the highest strength per unit cost).
We supply ready-mixed concrete and flowing screed for DIY, commercial and agricultural applications. Standard ready-mix concrete - prepared off-site to guarantee the quality of the concrete - is the most common form of concrete.
We can offer:
- Same day delivery
- Excellent service and quality
- Professional, specialist staff to help you order exactly what you need
- Smaller sized vehicles so we can deliver to locations with restricted access
- Small loads, serving DIY or small contracts
When correctly specified and placed, this concrete:
- Will exceed relevant British and European Standards
- Is economical and easy to use
- Has high workability
- Offers an excellent final finish
- Can be used with reinforcement
- Can be used as a durable direct floor finish, or as a substrate for a screed.
- Can usually be ‘screeded’ within 24 hours
- Is made from responsibly-sourced materials
If you get us to add polypropylene fibres to the mix, it will:
- Provide longer lasting concrete
- Reduce the need for crack control wire mesh
- Offer greater resistance to impact and abrasion wear
- Minimise plastic cracking.
To find out how we can help you meet your needs for concrete, contact us on:
Freephone: 0800 141 2778 or, from a mobile, call 01442 210034.