Gravel and Sand
Among the types of sand and gravel we supply are:
- Building sand - a soft mortar sand used in bricklaying and pointing, where a smooth finish is required.
- Sharp sand - a washed concreting sand suitable for making concrete when mixed with gravel and cement. It’s also ideal for bedding flagstones and block paving.
- Plastering sand - a washed sand, used indoors and outdoors, for plastering and rendering walls and brickwork.
- Kiln dried sand - a fine dry silica sand, whose grain size is up to 0.5mm, used for filling joints in block paving.
- Dried silica sand - a coarse dry silica sand used on sports surfaces. Here, the sand grain size is up to 3mm.
- Gravel 10mm - used for pathways and drives as well as in the production of fine concrete when a smooth finish is required.
- Gravel 20mm - used for pathways, drives and producing high strength concrete mixes.
- All-in ballast 10mm - a blend of 10mm gravel and washed concrete sand, used to produce a fine concrete mix when mixed with cement.
- All-in ballast 20mm - a blend of 20mm gravel and washed concrete sand, used to produce a coarse concrete mix when mixed with cement.
Our range of decorative stone, gravel and slate helps you create paths, patios and driveways. It provides ground cover and enhances water features.
We offer a wide selection of colours and textures – all available in pre-packed, handy-sized bags, larger bulk bags and loose. Currently, the following are available:
- Canterbury Spar 10-20mm picture needs adding for all below
- Derbyshire Grey 14mm
- Forest Green 14mm
- Golden Gravel 10mm
- Harvest Gold 10-20mm
- Mellow Cotswold 14-20mm
- Multimix 8-11mm
- Nordic Spar 8-11mm
- Silver Granite 14mm
- Trent Pink 14mm
- Weathered Flint 20mm
- Weathered Red 14mm
- Pea Gravel 6mm
- Lakeland Blue 20-40mm
- Swithland Green 20-40mm
- Celtic Plum 20-40mm
- Driveway Brindle 14mm
To find out how we can help you, contact us on:
Freephone: 0800 141 2778 or, from a mobile, call 01442 210034.