Sand is used, among other things, in making bricks, in other construction-related activities, horticulture, water filtration, energy processing and amenities, including sports pitches.
It’s important to have the appropriate sand for each job.
For Horticulture/ Sport/ Leisure
We supply a range of dried sands, moist sands and sand/soil blends – including coloured sand if required - for use in a number of sports, leisure and horticultural projects. In particular, the sand can help carpet stability and drainage. Its uses include:
- The construction and maintenance of both traditional and 3G synthetic pitches for many sports.
- Terracotta coloured sand as an infill on synthetic tennis courts, providing the playing characteristics of a natural clay court without the costly maintenance.
- Dried sands for domestic and commercial artificial lawns
- Top dressing and as drainage media for natural sports turf projects
- Golf course, greens and tees construction and maintenance, including drainage media, top dressing and divot mixes. Bunker sands are also available.
- Jumping pits, play pits and play areas - using white sand certified to BS EN 1177:1988 Impact Absorbing Playground Surfacing standard.
- White sands for beach volley ball courts and beach scenes
- Potting grit and specialist seed testing for the horticultural sector.
For Water Filtration
We supply sands for both potable and effluent water treatment. Thus includes:
- Filter bed sand, along with filter bed walls and tiles
- Swimming pool filtration sands (in 25kg bags)
- Reed bed sand and gravel
- Industrial water filtration sand
We also supply:
- Glass Sand - a sustainable alternative to primary aggregate sand. It’s produced from either screening or crushing waste (consumer) bottles, of all colours. There are a number of grades of glass sand - from ultra-fine to coarse. These are suitable for various applications within construction materials, such as asphalt, and is excellent for water filtration.
- Process Sand – which is used in a range of industrial and manufacturing processes, notably primary and ancillary energy dissipation purposes, including kilns and fluidised bed boilers. Here, the use of sand ensures that heat is spread evenly resulting in the achievement of a constant temperature and the elimination of cold spots.
- Coloured Sand – which is UV stable, non-toxic, non-staining and ‘CE approved’.
Our range of packaging and delivery or collection options means we can fulfil any size order, anywhere in the country.
To find out how we can help you, contact us on:
Freephone: 0800 141 2778 or, from a mobile, call 01442 210034.